Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Women and Blogging

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. It has been good to have a glimpse into the lives of other parents. I talk to my friends and they are all so crunchy it makes me feel insufficient. I know I can't cloth diaper much less EC. I breastfeed, but do not pump when I go out. Formula has passed the lips of my baby (plus chocolate, peanut butter, cheese, lunchmeat, and the occasional piece of cereal off of the floor). I buy ready-made food, let my toddler watch way too much TV on some days, and I let my kids play with inappropriate toys on occasion.

Does this make me a bad parent? Maybe. Am I doing the best I can? Yes. Does it make me feel like the I am not good enough in some eyes. Absolutely.

Most parents do the best that they can. We need to stop judging each other. Just because we are not all doing the same thing with our kids does not mean that those things are necessarily wrong. I know I have written this before.

No comments: